Monday, January 23, 2012

App Review: Scribblenauts Remix IOS review

        Few Games on the app store have accomplished the ability of having a gamer, like me, invested. Often I will play a game on the iPhone for roughly ten or so minutes until I become bored and decide to move on to the next one. That's not the case with the "Scribblenauts", a game originally released on the Nintendo DS which has now gotten a port onto IOS devices. I never had the opportunity of trying out the original "Scribblenauts" on Nintendo's dual screen handheld, so I really didn't know what to expect. Often I am intimidated by puzzle related games because I normally like to have an experience in which I can just kick back and relax. "Scribblenauts Remix" was a different story as it provided both addicting gameplay and an overall rewarding experience for just the price of $1.00.
        The gameplay is "Scribblenauts" greatest achievement. There are a total of five stages and within those five stages are ten puzzles. Each of these puzzles require the player to type a specific word or adjective in order to complete the puzzle. The word the player types in becomes a part of the world. For example, there is a puzzle that requires players to find an alternative way to extinct the dinosaurs (discarding the use of weapons or meteorites). Simply type in the word "Dragon" or "Tsunami" and the game will spawn these "ideas" on the screen to complete the puzzle. This is the reason why I kept coming back to "Scribblenauts Remix", making the  game highly replayable by going back to previously completed levels and simply taking a different approach.

        My only complaint with "Scibblenauts Remix" is the use of the camera. The game often requires the player to move the camera to the left using two fingers. Many times I would do this and it would start to move my character into a pit or run him into spikes. This becomes frustrating at first but it doesn't hinder the experience too much.
        Overall "Scribblenauts Remix" is one of the most addicting and enjoyable experiences in which the App Store has to offer. If you are looking for a game that will keep you invested, don't pass this up, as you may miss out on one of the app stores' hidden gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment